Thursday, January 14, 2010

Slow progress


Thank you for positive comments about the dress. I am planning to wear it next week, towards the end of the week.
Slowly continuing my quest to build my corporate wardrobe which for the sake of convenience has included a few non-extravagant store bought sale items. My best bargain was two pencil skirts including belts in black and beige for $14.95 each. I couldn't made them for that.
Last night I traced patterns for some serious blouse making on the weekend. I'm using BWOF March 2009 blouse 109, pictured as made and BWOF July 2007 106 from the technical drawing. There are three versions of this blouse which has a yoked back and comes with or without collar and front ties. If the fit and look is right I'll probably do all three versions.
First priorities are to do the overblouse in left over silk from the underlining of DD's formal dress (a rich auburgine/purple) and a plain cream cotton blouse sans collar. I also have some mustard silk and a red and white print in the stash suitable for blouses.

11 comments:

  1. Does sound like a good start! And I love the previous post! You are productive! Adore the jacket and dress. I can't wait for heat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you are making that BWOF blouse - I really like that style and would love to make it. I look forward to seeing your version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making a new wardrobe--how fun! Enjoy your new job, and new clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like those blouse styles. Can't wait to see your finished garments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh a mustard silk blouse would be mah-velous. Have a fun sewing weekend! It's a 3 day weekend in the states for Martin Luther King Day on Monday, and I plan to do a lot of sewing as well. I hope...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress looks very Michael Kors to me—wear it! Good luck with returning to the corporate world. I did the same thing seven years ago. It's nice to have office mates and adults to talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mustard and purple are great together! I'm starting to venture into sewing silky blouses because they're feminine and stylish. I'm keen to see how yours turn out. I just bought some of the Vera Wang purple wool boucle that every man and his dog has bought. A nice silk blouse in mustard could be just the thing ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh mustard silk! Delicious and totally beautiful!

    Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both blouses are great. I've had my eye on the one in the technical drawing so I can't wait to see how yours turns out. Congrats on your new job --- the jacket and dress in the previous post look fantastic for work during the summer months!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This year I have decided to make more workwear, too! I love to see what you've selected for your own "back to the office" wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete